I think I've killed my iphone...

Reaction score
Forgot my iphone was in my pocket when I washed the car. Didn't notice until I took it off charge and noticed droplets in the camera lens. Phone worked for a while but with a very dim display, then stopped working. Have tried putting it in rice for several days and have completely dissembled and reassembled it. Is there anything else I can do? Completely dead when plugged into iMac and charger (iMac doesn't even pick it up).

Also, if I was to get a new iphone, could I restore the apps from the late departed one from my iTunes backup?

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks (feel such an idiot...)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You must have done a super wash job on your car in order to get the phone wet while it was in your pocket. Take it apart again and let it dry out for a while longer now that the weather is warmer. That might give it a second life. Unless you had all your contacts, music, etc. backed up, the chances of getting anything off the phone if it remains dead is not good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.