iTunes Library Help- Organize by multiple criteria

V

Verb

I am wondering if it is possible to organize my iTunes library by multiple criteria. For instance: Right now my library is organized by Artist so that all albums by that artist appear next to each other. A problem arrises when I add compilation albums because the artist is different on each track. At present, I am forced to change the artist name to Various Artists so that the album will appear in the library as it should.

What I would like to do is arrange most of my library by Artist, while being able to arrange compilation albums by Album. Is this possible? Does anyone know of a way to go about this?

Thank you.

Verb

OP
W

wolf88

You can choose to group compilations when browsing in the iTunes Preferences.
Just make sure the 'Compilation' box is checked in the 'Get Info' section of each album/song.

OP
V

Verb

wolf88 said:
You can choose to group compilations when browsing in the iTunes Preferences.
Just make sure the 'Compilation' box is checked in the 'Get Info' section of each album/song.

Yes I do have the "Group Compilation" checked in prefs.

This option still does not give me what I am looking for. Even with this pref checked my compilations still appear out of numerical order, and it does nothing in the actual Library view.

I am looking for a solution that will allow my compilations to appear in the actual library (not the browse feature) in numerical order and grouped as Album, while allowing me to group my other albums by Artist so that their discographies are all grouped together.

Does this make sense? I can try and elaborate more if this is confusing.

Verb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Click 'Album' at the top bar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.