PLaystation 1 emulator, Disk Drive NOT working

Reaction score
Hi, i have download a PS1 emulator to run my many playstation 1 games. I have a problem, when i insert the disc, the disk drive makes a "reading" sound for about 30 seconds and then ejects the disk. Because of this i cannot run the games as the emulator says it cannot read the disk. How do i get the disk drive to stop ejecting the disk??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi, i have download a PS1 emulator to run my many playstation 1 games. I have a problem, when i insert the disc, the disk drive makes a "reading" sound for about 30 seconds and then ejects the disk. Because of this i cannot run the games as the emulator says it cannot read the disk. How do i get the disk drive to stop ejecting the disk??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Thanks

I have a 13inch macbook (2007/08 model (i think))

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
does your disc drive work when playing dvds and so on? could be the drive on its way out.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
have you tried changing the dvd plugin the emulator uses?

OP
M
Reaction score
i think it is just pcsx, i am downloading the reloaded version and i will see how it goes, thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
while i can now configure the disc drive, it still ejects the disk, and if i click run CD a message comes up saying error could not check CD-ROM

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
are you sure the game works? if not, creating an iso from it might do the trick (unfortunately i cant tell you how to do this, as its against the rules).

OP
M
Reaction score
i don't think thats the problem, its the disk drive that just chucks the disk out, as no cd image comes up on screen. I think i may just give up and get my old ps1 from the attic. But thanks for your help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.