New formatted External HD +CD eject problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHZ 13.3 160GB GFORCE9400
Hi

1.I have got a new External HD which I'm using to backup my mac .I have partitioned the HD to 2 partitions (1TB HD, BTW) . I'm using one partition for Time Machine and i the second I have partitioned in order to backup my windows 7 machine . When I first got the HD I have formatted it using Apple partition Map .
I don't have any problems to use the Mac OS partition to backup ,using TM but when I'm connecting the HD to windows based machine I'm getting unallocated space (All the 930GB) . I think that the problem is this is not MBR . I was trying to format only the windows partition using MBR method but Disk Utility does not allow it . Any idea what can I do here? I don't want to erase everything cause I have data on the Mac OS partition .

2.I was inserting a blank CD to my macbook burner. The system was recognized the CD (Finder window with "Ignore & OK" was show up but a few sec later I got an error saying the system cannot recognized the CD .Now I can't eject the CD .Is there any keyboard combination that can help me to eject the CD ? (Command E does not working for me).

Sorry for my English :)

Thank you in advance .

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
1. The Windows 7 backup utility will only work on a drive or partition that is formatted to NTFS. Nothing else will work. And, it's not a good idea to use the same drive for backing up two different operating systems.

2. Reboot the MacBook and hold down the left mouse key or trackpad. That should eject the CD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.