need help with reloading my power point!

Reaction score
I have somehow deleted a part of Office 2008...Power Point. I can't find how to reload it back. I have tried to find a way to uninstal Office and then to instal it...but to no avail. I have only had this computer since Nov. so I am really a novice....and 60 years old!!! Can anyone help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, are you sure PowerPoint has been deleted? Use the Finder and Go to:

MacIntosh HD/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/

Do you see an entry for "Microsoft PowerPoint.app"?

OP
C
Reaction score
power point

thank you, I have looked but can only find excel,word and entourage!

OP
C
Reaction score
I don't quite know what one person said...use a third party app to uninstall it completely...and then ,install it again... sorry....I really am a learner!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, it looks like Powerpoint was indeed accidentally deleted. However, I don't advise removing all of Office 2008 just to reinstall Powerpoint.

Just make sure when you insert your Office 2008 CD that you select all the applications and options that you want to use in Office 2008. In other words, you should install everything you need and were using before.

Also, consider installing Office 2011. It's a very nice upgrade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.