Mobile Me Question?

Reaction score
Good day,

I now own a few apple devices and I would like to keep my emails in sync. the Mobile Me gives a @me email address and keeps it in sync. I use the mail program and have a hotmail, gmail and one other account. Will my gmail and hotmail messages sync on the mail program across my devices? (macbook, iphone and ipad 2)

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You can setup Gmail as an IMAP account and it will keep in sync. Hotmail only supports POP3 which does not keep things in sync between devices.

MobileMe syncing doesn't have anything do with email outside of your MobileMe email account.

OP
T
Reaction score
You can setup Gmail as an IMAP account and it will keep in sync. Hotmail only supports POP3 which does not keep things in sync between devices.

MobileMe syncing doesn't have anything do with email outside of your MobileMe email account.

Ok so if I had 2 hotmail messages, 2 gmail messages and 2 @me messages in my mail program on my iphone. I delete 1 of each will my macbook and ipad 2 show 2 hotmail, 2 gmail and 1 @me or will it show 1 hotmail, 1 gmail and 1 @me?

I just want to make sure i fully understand. I don't care if the mesages are removed on the remote server but what i do care is if the iphone, ipad and macbook inbox remain consistant with eachother.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You can setup Gmail as an IMAP account and it will keep in sync.

same as your @me address - if you set it up as IMAP available in your gmail account settings

Hotmail only supports POP3 which does not keep things in sync between devices.

It is not going to sync.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.