Logic 9 - track layers?

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive recently started using logic 9 as my recording program - in the past I used sonar which had a track layers feature - you could perform one take then layer the next take over the first without wiping it. When you recorded the 2nd take you would still hear the first.

In logic I use take folders and comping and its great but sometimes you want to hear the first take while recording the second - is there an option to turn this on in Logic so I can use it in a similar fashion of track layering as described above?

Thanks very much in advance folks,

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
why don't you just record to a separate track?

Logic is probably the quickest DAW i know for duplicating tracks, just hit the + at the top.

OP
B
Reaction score
track layers

Hi

Dont want to use seperate track because when it comes to mixdown stage youve got to apply all the same eq and fx to every track - if you have 4 or 5 of the same thing this becomes very tedious. Plus you have to group to control levels etc - mixer quickly becomes cluttered.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.