Help Configuring macbook pro 13 inch

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I plan on purchasing the new 13 inch macbook pro for use in grad school. i will mainly be using the computer for school work and checking email etc so i was wondering how I should configure the mbp on the apple store in terms of hard drive, memory etc.

thanks

Reaction score
I just bought a MBP 13". I'm a college professor. If you are doing mostly word processing, web surfing, e-mailing, etc., I can't imagine that you would need more than the most basic and least expensive configuration.

I think those who do a lot of video watching/making, and those who do a lot of gaming, require more.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Good luck.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree with the professor. Just buy the standard machine without any upgrades. Apple charges a premium price for memory and hard drives both of which you can do yourself later on if needed and at a much lower cost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 13 2.26Ghz 8GB
I agree with the professor. Just buy the standard machine without any upgrades. Apple charges a premium price for memory and hard drives both of which you can do yourself later on if needed and at a much lower cost.

I agree! I got a basic MAC book pro 13.3 2 years ago, then i installed my own RAMS at almost half the price. Today, i make the trip to the hardware store again and just installed 2 stick of 4GB to max it out. Again, not even close to MAC store price. Less than 20mins work

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all of your replies. I will def purchase the basic mbp now and I'm happy I get to save some money

Reaction score
I agree! I got a basic MAC book pro 13.3 2 years ago, then i installed my own RAMS at almost half the price. Today, i make the trip to the hardware store again and just installed 2 stick of 4GB to max it out. Again, not even close to MAC store price. Less than 20mins work

Black,

I know that there are sites and links that discuss this sort of thing but, briefly, is it tricky to open the uni-body case and upgrade memory? I know how to change out memory, so I guess my question is really about the case.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.