where did iphoto go?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMAC 3.2GHZ IntelCore i3 27", iPHONE 3GS (8g)
Hi!
This would be my second post on here, new to forums, new to this site, and ive had my mac for three months now,( havnet used a mac in 16 or so years...)

As of yesterday; i loved using iphoto on my mac. made my pictures beautiful!

But as im rummaging threw my files last night; and decided to go edit a picture; i go to click on iphoto on the action bar ( on my imac ), and theres a "?" on it... i knew right away that wasnt good!!

I looked threw my hard-drive, wasnt there... i mean all my pictures and all that stuff is there, i just dont understand where'd it go? it was pretty much deleted off the HD...

No one at my house goes on my computer or any of that.. i just dont understand where it went :(

help?
Thanks!

C

chas_m

If you've done a search for iPhoto in Spotlight (magnifying glass icon on the far right of your menubar), and it's not anywhere, someone did indeed delete it. Apps don't delete themselves.

You'll need to restore it from your most recent backup.

Reaction score
Do a software update and restart your computer. If that doesn't work put in your optional installs disk that came with your Mac and reinstall iPhoto.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.