Can Windows HIJACK my Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21½" 3.6GHz Core i5 iMac, 12GB Crucial RAM
I'm suspecting my Mac is possessed. This morning I boot up my Mac, load up Firefox, then went to grab a cup of coffee. Come back and my Mac is on Pogo.com playing a game of Risk. Hey I like Risk as much as the next guy (I always start on Austrailia - easy 2 armies), but I don't recall going there. Oddly enough, somneone name "Player 45593" is playing on my Mac.

Weird. Real weird. :\

So I exit out, and go about my business. Check a few emails, work a bit on some logos in Pixelmater, and go to the bathroom. Come back and, same deal, Pogo.com is up and someone is playing Risk again. Badly too, they're not securing their borders. So I exit out and scratch my head for a bit, so I got into System Preferences...except its not.

I get a Windows XP control panel instead!

How is this possible? I exited out and went back into System Preferences. Its definitely a Windows control panel, but it says "System preferences at the top". Its got the Mac search in the upper right and the OSX Min/max/Exit buttons on the left, but it also has a red Windows "X" in the right under the Mac search.

I've never even loaded Windows on this machine! So I'm frustrated and go back into Firefox to try and Google me some answers and what comes up? Pogo.com...and its trying to play Risk again.

:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
There is *NO* way that the System Preferences can look like a windows control panel.
Pics or it didn't happen. :p

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Its definitely a Windows control panel, but it says "System preferences at the top". Its got the Mac search in the upper right and the OSX Min/max/Exit buttons on the left, but it also has a red Windows "X" in the right under the Mac search.

I've never even loaded Windows on this machine! So I'm frustrated and go back into Firefox to try and Google me some answers and what comes up? Pogo.com...and its trying to play Risk again.

:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

I'm confused by this bit. Screenshots would be welcome.

You say it's happening every time you leave your computer, and you mentioned you have daughters in another thread. Hmm... :p

OP
Phacade
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
5 & 7 year old daughters...I don't think they're that clever (yet).

OP
Phacade
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is a quick screen cap of it. :p

SystemPanel.jpg

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
nice april fools. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
That is a good one :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.