A question about the ipad2 battery life

Reaction score
hey, guys. Just a quick question about the battery life of the ipad2
I bought my 3G ipad2 last friday, and I found that my ipad2's battery decreases by around 15% after i used wifi to go on to the Internet for an hour. Is this normal? Or it's just my ipad2's battery used up too quickly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Sounds pretty normal

to me.

Reaction score
Well keep in mind that the type of battery ipad uses won't start off with its full charge capacity. You need to completely drain it and then completely charge it 2 or 3 times before it will reach it's peak battery life.

Reaction score
batter life

Me too.. i doubt the battery can last for 10hrs that was originally claimed by apple... the battery drains way faster than I have expected

GNR

Reaction score
//Me too.. i doubt the battery can last for 10hrs that was originally claimed by apple... the battery drains way faster than I have expected //

I have iPad 1 and get OVER 10 hours of battery after owning for over one year.

Reaction score
//Me too.. i doubt the battery can last for 10hrs that was originally claimed by apple... the battery drains way faster than I have expected //

What r u doing when u get over 10 hours is the key. I certainly get more than ten If I'm Just listening to music but watching movies is another storY.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
My iPad 2 gets amazing battery life, I can use it on WiFi at my college all day and when I get home, it's still at 80% battery life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
Agree with JMan...I did this and mine is great. I turned it on yesterday at 7am and by 8Pm I still had like 30%...granted I didn't use it this whole time straight but that's still good. Because when I did I was tethering from my iPhone while streaming movies, youtube, games and downloading a s*** ton of apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
My iPad 2 gets amazing battery life, I can use it on WiFi at my college all day and when I get home, it's still at 80% battery life.

I was pretty much gonna post the exact same thing..

I used my iPad 2 all day today and my batter reads 71%

And that includes 15 minutes of face time. I know 3G uses more battery and and mines wifi however I still am very much impressed thus far..very impressed

C

chas_m

I have to point out that this is impossible: the iPad officially went on sale April 3rd, 2010 ... iow, exactly one year ago TODAY. So you could not have owned one for "over" one year. :)

Pedantic Man ... AWAY!!! <whoosh>

C

chas_m

and I found that my ipad2's battery decreases by around 15% after i used wifi to go on to the Internet for an hour. Is this normal? Or it's just my ipad2's battery used up too quickly?

"go on the internet" doesn't really mean anything, so it's impossible to judge.

If you were reading and replying to e-mail and it went down 15% in an hour, I'd say that's very odd.

If you were surfing web sites casually (no video or steaming audio), I'd still say that's unusual.

If you were watching videos on web sites, or playing online games through the browser, then I'd say that isn't the least bit odd.

GNR

Reaction score
//one for "over" one year//

Got me by three days~! But I swear I got mine in March, obviously bad memory :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.