Problem Faxing With a US Robotics External Modem amd Page Sender

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD
I have a US Robotics Modem Model Number 5637. I also have Page Sender. Anyone Use Page Sender? I now have the Purchased version. It says, "Ready To Receive," however, I cannot figure out how to send a fax with it. Can someone help?

Their Help page on sending a fax says:

1. In any Mac OS X application, select Print from the File menu.

2. Select PageSender-Fax as your Printer.

3. Select PageSender Fax from the Copies & Pages popup menu if it's not already selected for you.

PageSender presents an envelope which lets you fax anything you can print:

However, I am using "Preview," and there is no "Copies & Pages popup menu."

EDIT: I am running OS X 10.6.7 on a MackBook Pro

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What happens if you open the same document in TextEdit? Are you able to fax from there?

OP
pokermaniac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD
Thanks...It turns out that since I have not been able to use the built-in fax program in OS X 10.6.7, and that the computer has locked up many times while trying to do so, the Senior Techs at Apple want me to erase and to re-install the OS. So I am going to do that first, and then try the fax program again. It also seems that PageSender told me that I need to install a different version of their software. However, I'll tackle that after the re-install.

OP
pokermaniac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What happens if you open the same document in TextEdit? Are you able to fax from there?
I spent the whole day yesterday doing a clean install and then loading everything back on my MacBook Pro. I know that I should be able to fax from my Mac, however, from now on I'm going to use just a plain, stand-alone fax machine and do it that way. Thanks for your help.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.