• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

First actual photographs of Antimatter

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Researchers at Sweden's prestigious Lirpa Loof Institute of Advanced Particle Physics have succeeded in photographing anti-electrons.

I am working on getting a link to the article, but below is an actual image of an anti-electron photo captured using their procedure:

=> :Angry: <=

Happy 4/1/2011

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Wait a second while I grab the picture of the dark matter I took recently..you'll be absolutely amazed..and if that doesn't impress you..no worries, I'm sure the pictures I took of the the 4th state of matter will surely do the job...:p

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
5th state Actually.

Solid, liquid, gas, plasma and now anti-matter :).

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
So my dark matter is the 6th state..cool..;)

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Wait a second while I grab the picture of the dark matter I took recently..you'll be absolutely amazed..and if that doesn't impress you..no worries, I'm sure the pictures I took of the the 4th state of matter will surely do the job...:p

Regards

I'm pretty sure we don't want to see any dark matter you produced...:p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.