Illustrator CS File Problem

Reaction score
I have a file that I made in CS that I have absolutely no desire to redo.
It includes linked images, one of which is another Illustrator file with an embedded photoshop image.
Everything was fine until I saved the whole file as an eps.

When I place the eps in Quark it is visible, and prints out through Quark.

BUT...when I open it though Illustrator CS or double click on it.... it asks for the embedded image to be relinked, and all I end up with is that one small piece of art on a small document and nothing else. The file is huge, 163 megs so...it's like it's all there but hiding someplace.

Never had this happen to me before. Help!!!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
So did you relink the embedded file, when asked? Beforehand, did you relocate the file to a different location, before it wanted you to relink? If you relocated the documents and files, it can't find it. You might need to move the document and file back to the original location, if you haven't relinked them yet.

S

sursuciofla

Ditto on what iWhat said. You have to be careful about moving your images on your computer when they are linked. That sounds like the problem to me.

OP
tastyorange
Reaction score
Saved!!! As an experiment, I dragged the eps file into Distiller and made a pdf which showed everything. Then I opened the pdf in Illustrator and it's all there!!!
All I have to do is replace some line art that got fragmented. Wheh.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.