why does my iphone keep going onto 3G btopen zone when i have a 40meg broadband

Reaction score
Why does my iphone 4 keep going onto 3g btopen zone when i have a 40 meg broadband wirless network at home? I have to manually select my network in setting/ wifi networks on my iphone why?

Can i make my home network my preferred network somehow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12GB of RAM, 27", dual core
on the iphone, once you have selected a network, your phone should remember it for future reference, automatically connecting. unless your broadband changes addresses, there should be no reason for your phone to ask over and over again.

Reaction score
The same thing happens with my iPhone. Your Homehub broadcasts two different IDs - "BTOpenzone" (or "BTFON") and "BT Hub3 xxxx" and your phone will connect to the last ID you connected to (if you used Openzone while you were out and about). Just go into Settings > Wi-Fi and then choose your homehub.

It's normal, most BT Infinity customers use Openzone as well as their home broadband - your iPhone is purely interested in the last available network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.