Error Code 1309 - Whilst transferring large file ???

T

theombudsman

Hi Folks,

So I have just bought a new Lacie 250 GB drive and have finished a film I was working on in FCP. Exported it as a Final Cut QT and then because I wanted to free up space on my laptop, tried to copy it onto the external harddrive.

It starts copying it, then gives an error code 1309 and stops. The file size is big but not absurd. its 14.99 gb. Best part of an hour of DV res movie with audio.

This is really annoying me.... please can someone help me resolve this if you can.

Cheers

The Ombudsman

Reaction score
theombudsman said:
Hi Folks,

So I have just bought a new Lacie 250 GB drive and have finished a film I was working on in FCP. Exported it as a Final Cut QT and then because I wanted to free up space on my laptop, tried to copy it onto the external harddrive.

It starts copying it, then gives an error code 1309 and stops. The file size is big but not absurd. its 14.99 gb. Best part of an hour of DV res movie with audio.

This is really annoying me.... please can someone help me resolve this if you can.

Cheers

The Ombudsman

Could be this:

-1309 fileBoundsErr file's EOF offset mark or size is too big

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.