• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Youtube videos jumpy (video)

Reaction score
Hey ya'll

I've got a problem. I've had a macbook for years but I recently got a macbook pro and I have a problem I have never encountered before.

When watching videos on youtube, it seems to jump around a lot. I installed the latest flashplayer and it is still doing it. It will do it on some videos everytime and won't do it at all on others.

Any advice would be much appreciated as this is a brand new laptop and i'm feeling a little bit neurotic about its condition.

Here's the video of the problem (sorry for the quality, i filmed it on a little camcorder I have - but you can clearly see the issue when the people are walking across the field):

YouTube - VID00020.MP4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Which browser are you using and which OS are you running?

C

chas_m

Switch to the HTML5 version of that video and let us know if that makes a difference.

OP
C
Reaction score
Nah it doesn't make any difference. The video is still jumping around. I haven't noticed it on anything else other than youtube. I watch full length episodes of things on megavideo and others but have never had this problem there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 iMac; 8gb DDR3 ram; ati mobility 4850; 1tb seagate harddrive @7200rpm
Is it just youtube?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 iMac; 8gb DDR3 ram; ati mobility 4850; 1tb seagate harddrive @7200rpm
Youtube servers are shoddy at best. If the problem insists for a couple more days, you might consider reverting back to your older flash. Does the problem arise on other browsers?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.