Fresh Mac user: Desktop customization questions

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm a fresh Mac user (a week or so.), got myself macbook pro 7,1 13" with snow leopard on it . Anyway I'm doing some modifications on my desktop, I've been A linux user for some years so I know my way around shell scripts, editing config files and so on. There are some things I can't figure out, mac os is a closed os ,not much costumization to be done here, and coming from linux is a bit of shock to me, but not enough to ignore it completly, I'm giving it a fair shot. Any way, I got these issues, and I've depended on online help for years now, so I did my share of googling, and searching the net before deciding to post...

Questions:

1. I can't figure out how to change system font colors, not the ones on the menu bar (I got that covered), the ones on window titles and inside the windows, I tried TinkerTool and I can change font size and font style but not the color, Themepark is a bit unintuitive, so if there is a solution there pls let me know.

2. I've installed path finder, and used it's desktop for my shortcuts, but it keeps displaying this info about the files size witch I can't remove, can someone let me now how to remove the size info?. The ideal solution would be to replace finder with path finder, and then use the finder desktop, but opening shortcuts from finder desktop in path finder is not working form me, I've tried this guide :
http://hints.macworl....41129160952245

These are like top issues for me now, so any help would be great .
Thanks for the oncoming help !

Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.