Printing Preferences on iMac ?

Reaction score
Hi there, can anyone tell me if there are any more printing preferences in a Mac (namely my iMac), other than the usual ones in settings.

The reason for my question is I am having problems printing a document created by a third party iphone App all via wireless printing, and for the life of me I cannot find a solution.

The situation is like this:

When I print the final PDF created by the iphone App via Printopia via my I'mac' to my HP printer, the last two lines fall of the page. Now, one would expect to just alter the page size to fix the problem, but this has no effect. The page size is indeed altered, but the last two lines are still missing. I have tried every combination of page size and type with luck.

Now...when I print the same document from the same iphone via printopia via my 'MacBook' Pro the document prints perfectly.

So, it would seem the iphone and Printopia are both working correctly. So it's got to be the iMac. The iMac is realitivly new, is runnung 10.5.8 and has never had any problems. I have also downloaded an updated version of Printopia.

This brings me back to my first question of are there any hidden settings with regard to the printing prfeerences with the operating system. Or...is it something else. Maybe someone out there has had the same issue. I hope so, cause its pissing me off.

Lastly, one might say why dont I just connect my MacBook to the printer. Well, I really like things to work the way they should, and besides its a bloddy hassel when your trying to work. My imac is on the other side of the office, and when your surrounded in paperwork the last thing you want to do, is to haul you computer over the room back and forth all day. Im sure you understand.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who may be able to help,

Thanks,

Nigel.:|

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I always like how Mac users think their 2 yr old computers are "relatively new". ;D

Am only making guesses here as I don't use Printopia and have never even attempted printing from any of my iOS devices.

Is the MBP also running 10.5 or is it on 10.6?

Have you checked both Software Update and HP's website for updated drivers on the iMac?

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I am currently downloading new divers for the printer. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

One more ignorant question. In trying to find a solution yes I did try software updates for the iMac but, can you tell me this please. TheiMac is on 10.5.8, software updates did not progress it passed 10.5.8. If the latest is 10.6.6 (as is my MacBook) surely a software update would take the iMac to there, yes ?

Nigel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Thanks for that, I am currently downloading new divers for the printer. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

One more ignorant question. In trying to find a solution yes I did try software updates for the iMac but, can you tell me this please. TheiMac is on 10.5.8, software updates did not progress it passed 10.5.8. If the latest is 10.6.6 (as is my MacBook) surely a software update would take the iMac to there, yes ?

Nigel.

Now you have to purchase the Snow Leopard upgrade to get to 10.6.x

OP
N
Reaction score
Well..... that didn't work. Is my next option to upgrade to Snow Leopard ?

Nigel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.