Transparency of windows in Jaguar

L

lokerd

Hello. I had asked the question along with some other desires about changes to the system and somebody recommended a utlity that addressed some of the challenge, but not the transparency, or at least not that I could figure out. Now I can't even find the note. Sorry.

So, is there a way to trun off the transparent windows so that everything is not so see through. It is confusing as to what is what.

Oh, actually, I think I jsut recalled that the answer was that Panther addresses this issue. It might be a while before I try the panther upgrade...so is there anyway to do it with Jaguar?

Thanks!
Drew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
What windows? Nothing is transparent for me.. as far as I can see...

OP
L

lokerd

Murlyn said:
What windows? Nothing is transparent for me.. as far as I can see...

I guess mainly the title bars of any inactive windows. They are transparent in that they show the items behind it. If the screen is congested, which is eaxcy on a 12" screen, I am finding it difficult to clearly see which is the uppermost window...not of the one on top, but of the ones underneath it. ANd really, there is little difference between the active window and an inactive window, at least in terms of the lined portion of the title bar.

I know it is not that big of a deal...but I would just rather have the transparency off if possible.

Thanks!
Drew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Ahh I see.. no clue how to change those.. havent really thought about it :)

OP
E

eatinwokout

Is there a way to make windows tranparent on os x panther. I was not able to find any option to do this? It sounds like it can make things a little confusing with multiple windows open but I would still like to try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.