Clamshell Hinge Question????

Reaction score
Hi, I have a white macbook that I bought off of ebay... Well I'm glad to say everything seems to be working well on the computer... The macbook does have a loose hinge on the right side which the guy did mention that on his ad... There doesn't seem to be any cracks around the hinge... Is there any directions on this forum to take the LCD off so I can look in there and see what the problem might be? Unless there was any kind of recalls for my model for problems like this? The LCD is still working great and it doesn't seem to affect the LCD just a little loose and sometimes wants to fall back if its moved around too much on my lap...

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You actually take the top case off to adjust the hinges on those MacBooks. It's reasonably straightforward just need to take care when detaching/reattaching the keyboard cable.

As suggested the iFixit site has a good set of instructions:
Installing MacBook Core Duo Right Hinge Mount - iFixit

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.