• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Lion preview shows off new iCal look, iChat changes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
I don't know why, but every time I see something new having to do with Lion, I become more and more convinced that Apple's losing its collective mind -- at least as far as OSX is concerned. One comment to the original article had it right:

Ugh03 said:
Hopefully enough people speak up against this drastic turn in UI. This is exactly what Leopard was supposed to fix, custom UIs which look HORRIBLE. It's as if we've gone back in time to when Brushed Metal was the next big thing. =/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
It's the way of the future.

Consistent, re-used UI elements (windows, buttons, menus) are out. Custom controls are in. Get on the iOS bandwagon! Every application should have a totally unique look and feel. If possible, it should take over the entire screen, instead of using a window.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I like my Apps in windows on my Mac so I can see if the dock bounces with there's activity in another app. Full screen is great for the app in question. But terrible if you can't notice notifications well in background apps.

If I could easily notice background apps notifications very well with full screen apps I'd always use my apps in full screen. But because this is simply not the case I will keep using window mode for all of my apps until a better notification system is invented.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Looks almost identical to the calendar app on the iPad.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
I don't know how I feel about the leather look. It doesn't look... Bad. Obviously doesn't fit in either. That being said, I like the layout for the "Today" page. It seems so much more useful than the current setup. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.