Clamshell Ram

Reaction score
I currently have a clamshell 300mhz and want to upgrade the ram, i plan on buying a 256mb chip. I have looked at lowendmac.com, crucial.com, and pbfixit.com and i'm really confused. I'm not very Ram smart, after looking at them i have a couple of questions that i'd like answered by some smarter than me

after reading all of the stuff on there sites, can i get ANY pc100, pc66, or pc133 stick as long as it's 144 pin? also can i just go to my local office depot and say "give me a 256 pc100 144pin stick?" or does it have to be specifically for an ibook? i'm really confused my brain is hurting:confused:

thanks to anyone and everyone that can help me clear this up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
yes you can go into office depot and ask for that type of RAM. rather or not they carry it is a different question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
macEfan said:

I highly recommend using this site. It is very easy to follow (even if you aren't "RAM smart" ;) ) , and you're guaranteed to get memory that will work perfectly with your machine. Just select your machine and you'll be given a list of RAM that is compatible. The pricing and service at OWC is also excellent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
da2003pizimp said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6797726490&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEBI:IT&rd=1

would this work? i think it would but i just want to make sure. thanks for all the help you guys are the best in a non prison type of way. :)
Yes, that RAM should work. I would advise against buying used RAM on eBay, though. Just because the RAM was pulled from a "working" laptop, doesn't mean that there isn't a problem with the RAM. Refunds and guarantees it will work aside, you are better off gettng brand new RAM.

The one posted by someone else here would be a much better option for you.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/100SO256328/

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks for the information, i'm kinda getting the hang of it though. if i have any other questions i'll be sure to ask, thanks for all the help again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.