perian?????help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11inch, Ipod touch 8gigs 4th+Iphone 3GS, Ipod nano 1.1
HI all,

the problem i am facing is whenever i play a movie in perian ut uses disk space....is it normal...like i had 30gb left on my MBA
then in night i watched some movies and after in the morning when i looked on my machintosh HD only 27gb was left where did the 3gb go!!!
thank you!!!!

and i am using reputation system ...so plz dont send me PM for doing it thanks....

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and also can you suggest ....which is the best torrent client for mac as i am getiing low speeds in bittorrent.....

C

chas_m

1. Yes, playing movies (using any technology) uses disk space. The space should be reclaimed once the movie has been deleted or the machine restarted. If you're talking about a movie you rented from iTunes, it will automatically delete itself soon enough.

2. Do you really need to be downloading more stuff when you've already nearly filled up the hard drive?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The video file you are playing will, obviously, take disk space but Perian itself shouldn't be taking space to play a video file. If you delete the video file, you should reclaim whatever space it was taking.

Regards

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
and also can you suggest ....which is the best torrent client for mac as i am getiing low speeds in bittorrent.....

this is generally down to how many seeders the file has, how many leechers the file has and the speed of your connection.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that i know been using torrent from last seven years....but now same torrent which gives me 300 kbps dnld speed is reduced to half.....
how is transmission

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.