Mac USB keyboard problems

Reaction score
After installing windows 7 with boot camp, I had to start using an old USB keyboard with a history of problems again. At first I didn't know what to expect, but it ended up working just fine until yesterday, when it wouldn't respond at all.

Now it turns on and off at random, unpredictably and usually for long periods of time. I've tried switching to all the other USB ports, restarting the computer, resetting PRAM and NVRAM, unplugging and replugging, hitting it (first reaction, naturally) waiting, and other things the interwebs said would fix my problem. My mouse and printer work, and they're connected to USB ports, all of the ports work. There are no batteries in the keyboard obviously, and the cord appears to be fine.

I'd like to know what to do about this, as I just bought a game that I'm itching to play, and now I can't because it's on windows 7 which doesn't connect with my Apple wireless keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.