How would you like extra storage space on your iPad(s) ? Well..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
There's an interesting way to go about making this happen in a make-shift kind of way. NO Jailbreaking is required, so don't worry about that part. All this requires is an Camera Kit such as the one sold by Apple, and as many SD cards as you can afford or already own.

I know what you guys are thinking already: " I know that I can use iTunes to transfer movies and music, so big deal". But the cool thing about this little "trick", is that you are NOT required to use another computer to transfer/sync any files. You can do this with ONLY your iPad, camera kit and SD cards.

I didn't come up with this, and don't even own an iPad YET, but will find this to be an extremely useful trick for when I do eventually get one. Rather than post the method here and seem to take credit, I'll link you guys to the article. Make sure to read the comments in the comment section, as the author of the article goes into further detail, since some of the people commenting seem to have a bit of ADHD/ADD/short term memory issues.

Extra photo and video storage for iPad - Mac OS X Hints

Doug

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Neat trick!
Thanks for posting that, Doug. :)

Reaction score
I am definitely going to try this one! Thanks Doug b

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Mah plesh!

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Thanks for posting that. It'll be handy for holidays etc.

Plus . . . some of the comments are priceless!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
pretty sweet!

thanks for sharring..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.