Downloading files from the internet...

Reaction score
My wife is currently looking to get a new computer and is looking at the iPad. She goes to school online and the website works great on the iPad. However, her classes always have downloads for PDF, DOC, DOCX, and PPT files (especially Powerpoint files; her teacher use that format for lectures).

I know you can save and open PDF files in iBooks, but how can you download and view the PPT and DOC files offline without using an external source such as a computer or dropbox? Is there an app that lets you do this?

Please no ideas like "save them as images" or stuff like that. Most of these lectures are over 100 slides.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
GoodReader is perhaps your best bet for downloading and viewing those files offline.

Reaction score
I have been using FileMagnet for my iPod Touch then my iPhone and now more recently on my iPad 2. Works great for storing and viewing PDF,s word files, excel files, etc. Looks really good on the iPad 2 also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.