"Stable" VZW iPhone (4.2.6) Jailbreak?

Reaction score
I just "successfully" did a greenpois0n RC 6.1 jailbreak on my new Vzw iPhone. The jb worked fine, cydia installed, and things seemed great...I had just opened Iphone Explorer on my MBP when the iPhone rebooted, and then got stuck in a reboot loop at the apple/skull screen.....I was able to force recovery mode, and after much worry I fully restored the iPhone.....

So I'd still like to jailbreak the phone, but I dont really want to try 6.1 again until I know its stable...Has anyone been successful with 6.1 or have there been other problems? Besides greenpois0n, whats the recommended jailbreak for the Vzw iP4??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
I dont know what the issue is. I used greenpoison to jb my vzw iphone and I didnt have one issue with it. this was during the 1st week it was released on verizon

OP
H
Reaction score
That would have been an older version of greenpoison...my issue was using the latest release

OP
H
Reaction score
Got a successful jailbreak on the second attempt....Discovered the problem was itunes....During the first jb, after I installed cydia, the phone rebooted and then got stuck....Apparently during the reboot, the mbp recognized the phone and launched itunes, which caused the stall........During the second attempt at jb, after cydia installed, I unplugged the phone from the mbp and let the phone reboot...It rebooted cleanly and Ive had no other problems...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.