Airport (Snow) and Airport express Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Ok, here's the deal.

I have 2 wireless networks running in my home. I have my primary network and I have a music network. The Primary network is run on a Snow Airport base-station (802.11b), the music network is run off of an Airport Express Base-station (APEx) (802.11b/g). I also have another APEx that I would like to use to extend my Snow base-stations network on 802.11b.

When I set up the APEx to join the Snows network, it stops showing up in the Base-station list in the Airport Admin utility. This happens on EVERY Mac in my house (we have 4). The base-station (APEx) appears to join the network, but it doesn't show up in the list, so I do not believe it is working. I have made sure I set the APEx to work in 802.11b compatibility mode. The Snow is running in the 10.0.1.1 addressing range, the music network is running in the 198 range.

Anyone have any ideas?

BTW, all the Macs are running OSX 10.4.2 and the Snow is running V4.9 and the APExs are running V6.2 (IIRC)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.