any program suggestions??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro. 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 4GB RAM.
I have some mp3s that i'm want to speed up slightly. does anyone know of any programs that i can do this on?? i'm not a dj of any sort, just a bboy that found some really nice tracks that would be perfect if sped up. thanx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can do it in QuickTime (Might need Pro, I forget if it is disabled in standard) in Window -> Show A/V Controls

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You can also drag and drop them onto a new GarageBand track.
From there, you can adjust the tempo to your desired speed.

OP
munkism
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i've tried the QT (yeah, it does work on QT standard) and when i drop the files into Toast, it takes it back to the original speed. perhaps i should have clarified the fact that i was attempting to burn the adjusted tracks on to disk.....whoops. but yeah, that's my intent on these, so would these programs still work??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
munkism said:
i've tried the QT (yeah, it does work on QT standard) and when i drop the files into Toast, it takes it back to the original speed. perhaps i should have clarified the fact that i was attempting to burn the adjusted tracks on to disk.....whoops. but yeah, that's my intent on these, so would these programs still work??
If you do the GarageBand method and use the "Save As..." it will save the file to whatever tempo you set. Then you should be able to burn it to CD at your desired tempo you saved.

OP
munkism
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
D3v1L80Y said:
If you do the GarageBand method and use the "Save As..." it will save the file to whatever tempo you set. Then you should be able to burn it to CD at your desired tempo you saved.

this is such a nooB question until it ain't even funny, but where in the world do i drag and drop the mp3 in garageband?? i've tried to create a new track and place it there, but nothing happens. i've even tried even just placing the track on the program itself with the same results.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Drag the file underneath the other track(s):

If you drop the audio in the empty space under a track, it'll import it and create a separate track for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
take the song from itunes and just drag it from the the interface to garage band... it will create its own track.

OP
munkism
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh....that's what the problem was....Garageband nor iTunes allows u to modify purchased music from the music store in iTunes....and that's what i was trying to do...does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do now??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Burn the song to an Audio CD and reimport it as mp3

OP
munkism
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you guys have been too helpful...thanx for everything!! mrbixby

OP
munkism
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so i've done the cd burn thing to "decrypt" the purchased music, but now, after i do all the adjustments in QT and import the file back to iTunes, it reverts back the original tempo and settings?? seems like i'm back to square one now. there has to be an easier way than this and i'm completely open to any suggestions. thanx.

R

rgivans

munkism said:
so i've done the cd burn thing to "decrypt" the purchased music, but now, after i do all the adjustments in QT and import the file back to iTunes, it reverts back the original tempo and settings?? seems like i'm back to square one now. there has to be an easier way than this and i'm completely open to any suggestions. thanx.

Do this, download limewire and download the songs. They wont be protected, then you should be able to do whatever you want with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No, just make sure you do a 'save as' in quicktime.

I'd try saving to somewhere outside the iTunes folder first, you might be confusing the library otherwise.

iTunes might be overriding Quicktimes speed settings as well: Try saving as a 'aiff' file, import and convert that to mp3 in itunes and see if that works.

OP
munkism
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the answer to all of this was sound studio that came pre-installed on my mac!!!!! all u have to do is adjust the pitch and it encodes the changes as .aiff automatically and you can drag-and-drop right into iTunes and it reads it perfectly....now i just gotta burn it to see if its really god-sent....cross my fingers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.