Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
I'm still going naked except for the smart cover..so far so good no scratches.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
Ordered mine last night. Unfortunately it won't ship 'til the 20th. I'll be sure to post pictures and a review once I get it.

Also, for future orderers, If you enter the discount code "AUG1Q59" when ordering the STM Skinny from Radtech you'll get a 20% discount.
Awesome...I just got notification that my order has shipped from Missouri a full week ahead of schedule.

Why do I get so excited over such things?!

I may create a video review to post here.

Reaction score
Case Recommendations?

I just received my iPad 2, and I'm trying to decide which case to get that will work along with the Smart Cover. I'm trying to decide between these cases:

1. X Gear Smart Cover Enhancer
2. AviiQ Smart Case
3. Enki Genius Case

Is anyone using any of these cases? All suggestions, recommendations and advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Reaction score
I just ordered a red TPU (Silicone) back that is supposed to work with my smart cover this week from ebay for just under ten bucks. Will post results of fit/finish after I get it. Of course it is coming from China.

Reaction score
By the way, welcome to the forum PirateGal! A wealth of information is here to be learned if you want.

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, Maclicious! I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you guys, considering I just bought an iMac in addition to the iPad, and to date, I had been a long-term PC user!

Reaction score
Custom Smart Cover

I've been looking around but I haven't quite found anything I'm looking for. Basically I'm looking for a place that makes a smart cover similar to the one Apple makes but in more varieties of leather. I plan on buying a back skin from Zagg (custom designed artwork) and using just the smart cover style with an screen protector also from Zagg. I want to show off that artwork as opposed to cover it up. Otherwise I would go with something like the DODOCase.

I like what apple offers but I wish they offered more leather colors.

Reaction score
Anyone used the Miniot?

Hello, all! I'm buying my very first iPad and I've been researching covers/cases and could use some advice. I love the functionality of the smart cover, and don't use my Apple gear hard enough to need a real case, but I'm really not pleased with the color options from Apple. So I'm thinking seriously about getting a Miniot wood smart cover, but I can't find any actual reviews, just bits from late March about "hey kids, there's a wood smart cover coming!"

So has anyone used the Miniot smart cover? Experiences good/bad? Thank you for your help! I could just get an Apple smart cover and be done with it, but I figured it was worth a shot...

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Griffin Reveal Etch Graphite ipad 2 case?

I am looking to see if it adds a lot of bulk in your hands?
I really like the design of the Stealth Armor, but cannot get it in Canada. So this is another option (keep in mind I don't care for the Smart Covers...they are okay, but it is not a necessity to use them)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on these cases?

Incipio Smart Feather vs. Marware Microshell vs. Enki Genius

I have the iPad 2 with the Smart Cover, but I'm looking to protect the back.

Thanks!

Reaction score
So due to the fact that I cannot grab a Stealth Armor skin here in Canada.

I picked up a Zagg Black Carbon Fiber Skin today, has anyone tried these out?

Reaction score
Did you buy it locally and if so specifically where? If you have it, how does it look?

Reaction score
MacLicious- I bought it online, i don't really know when it will get here but I'll poste ka little review when it does!

Reaction score
Will keep an eye out for it then. I just got my full body protection Invisible Shield today and will hopefully get it on next day or two.

Reaction score
oh nice, does the back cover corners?

I am debating on whether or not I need protection on the corners.

I REALLY baby this thing, and the only time it touches something that could scratch it, it is being placed down parallel to the surface, so only the back could be scratched not the corners.

However, I am worked when I start travelling with it and having it in my bag, you never know what can happen.

Reaction score
Which iPad 2 Case?

Hi all,

i'm looking to get a case for my iPad 2, but am having real trouble deciding what to get. I have looked at the "Cygnett Lavish Folio Case with Stand for iPad 2 - Black" and was wondering if a) anyone had one of these and if its any good, or b) if anyone could recommend a case to me?

I would like something that can also act as a stand.

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Reaction score
Hey, there is a thread sticky up at the top - here - you can find tons of information in that thread.

Hope you find a case!

Reaction score
Sorry for the very delayed reply, but I have been so busy I have not had much time to 'play'. Here is a pic of the corner of my iPad with the Invisible Shield installed. (Hopefully the pic is attached this time) I just put it on last night finally. About 1/3 of an inch is bare on each corner. I am really happy with my Invisible Shield. I was more concerned about the front, but the price difference of ordering just the front compared to full body was minimal so I got both. I have a cheap knock off of the Marware Microshell back for iPad 2 on order. Marware in addition to charging $39.99 for the Microshell, wanted $25. to ship here to Ontario. Then of course there is duty and possibly therefore HST. So I opted for the cheap knock off from China. Ordered 3 weeks ago and still waiting....
1cf525db.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ipad 2 Brown leather case

I am looking for a brown leather case for my white ipad 2. Any recommendations?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.