Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors

Reaction score
incipio feather for ipad 2

I jsut got my incipio feather from amazon today. Its perfect and can partically works with the smart case. very slim and provides perfect back protection. Its only 23.99 good deal man!!!

I love the incipio feather case for iPad 2. My #1 choice!!!

Reaction score
iPad 2 cases

Just received my incipio feather case for my new iPad 2 from amazon. I LOVE IT!!!

Even though its so slim and does not add any weight to my 64GB WIFI, but it is suprisingly tough. I was worry the thin part at the upper right hand corner will easily break and try to press it. WOOOO... amazing... it is so tough and flexible!!! The case is almost like unbreakable!!!

Its a perfect companion for my smart case also even though its not completely compartible with the smart case. It provides a perfect back protection.

In general, I LOVE IT!!!

To make it even better, I got it for only $23.99.... man cant complain!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ROLPTK/?tag=macforums0e4-20

Amazon confused me that the case was not available now. But actually another amazon seller can ship the case right away at a bargin price!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Zoogue iPad 2 Case Review-Best Folio style case available.

Check out my review of the new zoogue ipad 2 case, just recieved my review sample and am really impressed. As an owner of the first 2 revisions of the zoogue case, it really doesnt dissapoint.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Reaction score
Just received my incipio feather case for my new iPad 2 from amazon. I LOVE IT!!!

Even though its so slim and does not add any weight to my 64GB WIFI, but it is suprisingly tough. I was worry the thin part at the upper right hand corner will easily break and try to press it. WOOOO... amazing... it is so tough and flexible!!! The case is almost like unbreakable!!!

Its a perfect companion for my smart case also even though its not completely compartible with the smart case. It provides a perfect back protection.
What do you mean about it not being completely compatible with the smart cover?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
I use the Smart Cover and BodyGuarz for the front and back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
I use the smart cover and zagging from and back I have also post pics of it here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I bought the Apple Smart Cover (Orange, Polyurethane) and it really is quite a neat little product, in terms of design at least.

It doesn't 'clean my screen', it doesn't 'remove finger prints' but it does offer some protection the the front as well combine to make a pretty super little stand.

I've noted that in less than a week of being used in coffee stores and placed in my bag, it is already changing colour, that is to say it's already picking up dirt. It looks like my old white MacBook where I had to regularly clean it, these alu-MacBooks (this post, right now, is probably the first time I've used my MacBook for simple web activities since buying the iPad and that's only because I needed to remotely connect to the office and we don't currently have a tool in place to allow me to use my iPad) seem to 'stay clean' or perhaps 'hide the dirt' way better than my first macbook ever did.

But the biggest problem, by far with these smart covers is that they only show love for one side of my iPad!!

I am planning to buy some kind of skin/wrap for the back of my iPad in order to give the back a little protection from scratching etc. I just need to slow down on my out-goings at the moment or I'm going to get a smack around the head if I buy anything else for me I think... ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
This is a good thread...ya think we could just rename this one the "Official iPad 2 Cases" thread so everyone will see the thread title and know where to post their suggestions and reviews?

I'm trying to find a good case for mine. I want something like the original Apple iPad case that works like a folder, but I'm also not wanting to spend a whole heck of a lot (would prefer not to spend more than $30...but I understand I will also sacrifice quality at lower prices). There are a few good ones in this thread...any others?

OP
bobtomay

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
This is a good thread...ya think we could just rename this one the "Official iPad 2 Cases" thread so everyone will see the thread title and know where to post their suggestions and reviews?

There already is one, stickied right at the top of this very forum and titled:

iPad 2 Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors

Come to think of it, how about we just merge this one with the existing sticky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
^^ Yeah, they don't really clean the screen unless you pull it off and rub it back and forth by hand, which doesn't work well, but takes care of cleaning when you don't have anything else.

You should check out the pixelskin HD wrap I posted a link for above. It has the smartcover-like front plus back protection.

Reaction score
Marware MicroShell for use with Smart Covers

I have been looking for a grip type back to go on my iPad 2 that will work with the smart cover. I found one on Marware's website. It is the MicroShell iPad 2 case. Says it is made of polycarbonate and is a flexible one-piece design that snaps easily on ipad 2. Comes in 5 colours. I tried to order online but it says they are on backorder. I phoned Marware and they told me that they will be shipping them the end of April and for those that care, yes they do ship to Canada.

I don't know how yet to post pics here but here's the link instead:

MicroShell iPad 2 case

Anyone had any Marware products before? Comments? Quality?

Thanks,
Cathy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Looks good to me

I have a red ipod nano, a red snap on case for my MacBook Pro, and a red magic cover for the iPad2.

Reaction score
I have been looking for a grip type back to go on my iPad 2 that will work with the smart cover. I found one on Marware's website. It is the MicroShell iPad 2 case. Says it is made of polycarbonate and is a flexible one-piece design that snaps easily on ipad 2. Comes in 5 colours. I tried to order online but it says they are on backorder. I phoned Marware and they told me that they will be shipping them the end of April and for those that care, yes they do ship to Canada.

I don't know how yet to post pics here but here's the link instead:

MicroShell iPad 2 case

Anyone had any Marware products before? Comments? Quality?

Thanks,
Cathy
I think Marware usually makes good stuff. I can't tell from the pics exactly, did they leave a little strip uncovered for the magnets to attach? If so, that might be a cool option.

Reaction score
It does say on their website that it is compatible with the Apple smart covers.

Also, I noticed your previous comments about your SGP Screen Protector. I came on here to search to see if anyone else had problems installing theirs. I just spent almost an hour if you can believe it trying to get the SGP ultra optics anti-fingerprint screen protector on properly. Cannot do it without bubbles and tiny bits of dust. I kept lifting it up and replacing it after removing both dust and bubbles.
I watched their video now 3 times and can only think the person in the video must have practiced for days or weeks prior to making that 2-3 minute instructional video on the SGP website. I have installed numerous Zagg Invisible shields on various cellphones and mp3 players, iPods etc. and never had such problems.
I will never buy SGP again after this experience and will go back to Zagg!

Reaction score
It does say on their website that it is compatible with the Apple smart covers.

Also, I noticed your previous comments about your SGP Screen Protector. I came on here to search to see if anyone else had problems installing theirs. I just spent almost an hour if you can believe it trying to get the SGP ultra optics anti-fingerprint screen protector on properly. Cannot do it without bubbles and tiny bits of dust. I kept lifting it up and replacing it after removing both dust and bubbles....
Yup, I could tell from the moment I laid it on the screen that it was going to be impossible. And I actually bought one for my wife's friend since it was her first iPad. I was trying to put it on for her thinking it would go like my PowerSupport films always do. Needless to say I was mortified when I had to hand her an iPad with 10,000 bubbles all over it. Can't wait for my PS films to arrive any day now! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
Also, I noticed your previous comments about your SGP Screen Protector. I came on here to search to see if anyone else had problems installing theirs. I just spent almost an hour if you can believe it trying to get the SGP ultra optics anti-fingerprint screen protector on properly. Cannot do it without bubbles and tiny bits of dust. I kept lifting it up and replacing it after removing both dust and bubbles.
I watched their video now 3 times and can only think the person in the video must have practiced for days or weeks prior to making that 2-3 minute instructional video on the SGP website. I have installed numerous Zagg Invisible shields on various cellphones and mp3 players, iPods etc. and never had such problems.

Yup, I could tell from the moment I laid it on the screen that it was going to be impossible. And I actually bought one for my wife's friend since it was her first iPad. I was trying to put it on for her thinking it would go like my PowerSupport films always do. Needless to say I was mortified when I had to hand her an iPad with 10,000 bubbles all over it. Can't wait for my PS films to arrive any day now! :)
I've never used the SGP brand, but I have put a BestSkinsEver and a BodyGuardz on my iPhone and after the initial placement of the film there were bubbles - even after trying to squeeze them out - but after a day or two the bubbles went away.

Is this not the case with SGP?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.