Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Here you go... Radtech Skinny Case

I haven't personally used it, but it looks like it would fit the bill, also I know of at least 1 or 2 members here who have ordered it.

Cheers,

M

Reaction score
It looks okay but its not out yet :(

I'll put that on my list of options though, thanks :D Any other ideas? (preferably ones that are already out)

Does anybody who owns the Smart Cover want to let me know if its any good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have the black leather smart cover... It's actually wonderful. It looks very awesome and highly functional. Actually, IMHO, it's holds the iPad 2 mo stable than t he original iPad in it's official Apple cover.

For the back, I picked up the StealthArmor from Fusion Of Ideas in the carbon fiber flavor and it looks great, and provides enough grip on the back of the iPad and it makes it that much more comfy to hold.

There is a thread on he where I posted some pictures after I installed it.

You can also check out the Bamboo skins by GroveMade. They look pretty hot!

Cheers,

M

Reaction score
I have the black leather smart cover... It's actually wonderful. It looks very awesome and highly functional. Actually, IMHO, it's holds the iPad 2 mo stable than t he original iPad in it's official Apple cover.

For the back, I picked up the StealthArmor from Fusion Of Ideas in the carbon fiber flavor and it looks great, and provides enough grip on the back of the iPad and it makes it that much more comfy to hold.

There is a thread on he where I posted some pictures after I installed it.

You can also check out the Bamboo skins by GroveMade. They look pretty hot!

Cheers,

M

Can you post a link to your thread? I would like to see the pics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5(Mine) and Wife's Imac intel,(new)
I needed a cover fast, for my lucky purchase of my I pad 2. I just grabbed a griffin one at best buy. I was leaving for France in two days so I needed a case. I liked it, not that it is super, but it also covers the back, no scratches etc. I also found a neoprene case for a netbook at a dollar store be between the two it can travel reasonably safe in my big carry on. By the way, TSA does require you to take it out.

Reaction score
I think I'll just get the smart cover for now and then get something like the Radtech Skinny Case once all the cases start to get released. I doubt the back will get scratched too easily. It's going to be in my house and I might take it to school 3 times or so a week, but I have a DvD player case which works fine that I can put it in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good pics, I ordered mine based off seeing these!

Whooaa! I should call fusion of ideas and ask for my commission ;P

Glad I was able to help, enjoy it. If you need tips with the installation let me know.

Cheers,

Mina

Reaction score
Jman,
You and I are looking for the exact same thing. I loved the original Apple iPad case. I wish they had just done a new and improved smart version of that case. I've ordered that RadTech Skinny as it seems to be the closest to it so far, it should ship late next week from Australia.

I've also looked at just about every other case out there. The Speck Pixel Skin HD looks like a combo of the original Apple case plus the new smart cover. But it still says coming soon and I'm not really a fan of the triangle fold design.

I'd really love to keep it sleek/naked, but I know it'll get dropped eventually and that Apple case saved it several times. I'm considering a combo of the Incipio Feather hard shell case to protect the back :Incipio iPad 2 feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, iPad 2 Cases, iPad 2G Cases, iPad Accessories, iPad Covers, iPad Skins, iPad Hard Shell Cases, iPad 2 Protectors
plus this wooden smart cover from Miniot. It's like the smart cover except made of real wood and it rolls up instead of the triangle fold design:
https://www.miniot.com/webshop/?portlet=miniot&page=miniotcover#

I'm thinking that might give me enough protection while still keeping it really sleek. But I'm not sure yet. I'll post as soon as the RadTech Skinny arrives.

Reaction score
Power Support Screen Protectors for iPad 2

Power Support screen protectors begin shipping April 7 and are now available for pre-order in case anyone was waiting on these to become available. Already placed my order this morning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Interesting. You created an account here just to announce to people who have never heard of you that some screen protector that no one has ever heard of is available and you just ordered one yourself? And you didn't even spa… I mean post… a link.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lol its a wooden smart cover. I think I'll get the smart cover on the day my iPad 2 shows up, and then once the RadTech skinny comes out I'll grab that one.

Would the smart cover work with the incipio hard case? It might obscure the magnets or something. And that one doesn't even have an estimated shipping date. I doubt I'll drop it, but I'm afraid of something happening (like the dog jumps on me and knocks it out of my hands, other family member drops it,etc..) and I doubt the smart cover would protect much if it landed glass-down. Of course, most covers would not protect it. Wouldn't your wood cover just smash the glass anyway if it landed face down? Anyways thanks for the advice :D

edit- looks like they are available, I was looking at a specific color that was out of stock. Oops. Again though, I'd want it to work with the smart cover. A back protector + smart cover is probably sufficient for around the house use. I have another case (its a dvd player case that fits perfectly) that I plan on putting the iPad 2 (with back + smart cover still on) inside of when I go anywhere. And I'll probably grab a best buy warranty so if it breaks I'll get a new one anyway :D

edit again- found this (youtube). Apparently it does work with smart cover. Although now I wonder if its really necessary to cover the back?

Smart cover video that worries me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcOPhzG5sRM&feature=related

Last edited:
Reaction score
I posted and now its gone for some reason....Weird. Anyway I'll probably grab the smart cover for now and then swap it out for the RadTech once that is available. (I believe mid April, right?). Hate to waste money on a case I might not use for long, but I need some kind of protection for when it arrives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
Sometimes I like the smart cover other times I don't
However I did shut off the feature that turns the iPad on and shuts it off using the cover
It was getting annoying

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
Reaction score
I posted and now its gone for some reason....Weird. Anyway I'll probably grab the smart cover for now and then swap it out for the RadTech once that is available. (I believe mid April, right?). Hate to waste money on a case I might not use for long, but I need some kind of protection for when it arrives.
You'll have 2 weeks to return the smart cover if you want to. I returned mine for a refund.

As for covering the back, I personally like to. The iPad is kind of cold and slick. I prefer something with a little more grip that would also protect it from scratches. But I do appreciate the design when it's naked.

Reaction score
I tried putting on the SGP screen protector and did not like it, could not get it on without lots of bubbles. I'm going back to my PowerSupport Crystal films, they just started allowing preorders and they should ship end of next week.

Reaction score
Company representative? I'll take a free sample and post reviews :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.