Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
This is the place...

For all your questions, reviews and recommendations for all the new covers, cases and screen protectors for your new favorite toy.

Posting pics: please resize your pics to no larger than 800x600 prior to posting.

Note: After no less than 5 threads "today", quite a few threads have been merged here into this single topic. If you can't find your thread/post any longer, it's quite likely here.

(Warning: First time posters - this is not an invite to spammers - you have been warned.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
iPad 2 Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors

Have my 1st iPad (2) on order, 3-4 weeks back order, can't wait. Looking for a case/stand that will allow both landscape and portrait viewing. Will be doing a lot of book reading etc so I think it will be better in portrait set-up, don't really know as I don't have any kind of ebook reader at this time. Any ideas. In my looking I found this one but seems most don't like the band to keep it closed.

for Mac Cases & Accessories | THZ045US | by Targus

Reaction score
There are tons of case makers, but hardly anyone has their iPad 2 cases ready yet. Some companies I've seen with a good selection include Marware, iSkin, Case-Mate, InCase, SGPStore, Speck, Griffin, Macally. There are certainly many more out there.

Seems like every time they release a new iPhone or iPad, I end up spending about as much on cases as I do on the electronics. I end up buying 4 or 5 until I find the one that's just right for me. It's kind of a problem. I need a group. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
Thanks for the link, KoDorSean. There are a few I really liked and plan to keep watching for them to be released!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Thanks for the link, KoDorSean. There are a few I really liked and plan to keep watching for them to be released!

Happy to help. :)

Reaction score
ipad 2 screen protector and case reccomendations

what screen protectors and cases do you all think are good for the ipad 2. are all screen protectors created equal, or are there differences between brands that I should take into account. I'm looking for cheap but effective.

Reaction score
Attention US iPad 2 Owners...

Hi,

I am waiting to buy the iPad 2 in the UK (Friday 25th March) and cannot wait! Killing me that I know the US is already selling them!

I also have a little OCD when it comes to buying new things - especially Apple products. SO, my question is...

When the iPad 2 was released in the US were there many cases to buy for it apart from the Smartcover? I want to buy a case to protect both the back and the front of it. I know for the iPad 1 there was a cheapish black case for it which I thought was perfect so do they happen to make one like this for the iPad 2??

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

P.s. forgot to mention... I am asking about cases which are sold in store, not online. I have seen some online such as the Belkin range but they won't ship to UK and I don't want to wait and have my iPad unprotected whilst UK online store stock them...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
Plain and simple, no there were no cases in stores. Just the smar cover.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
Got mine ( iPad 2 ) at an Apple authorized reseller...they had cases for the iPad 2...black leather...with proper cut outs/exposures for cameras. I didn't inspect too closely...don't even remember the price..FWIW.

Reaction score
Ok, so I can hopefully get one from elsewhere on launch day if the Apple store don't have any. Thanks people!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
The only accessory I found available at any store was the Smart Cover from Apple. Third party retailers are now starting to offer iPad 2 compatible accessories (back covers, screen protectors, etc) now, which is great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Looking for a very slim slipcase for my iPad2. Any suggections?

Instead of a permanent case to house my iPad 2 in, I would rather get some kind of nice slim case I could slip it in and out of so I have something protective to keep it in but don’t have to hold the iPad+case when I’m using it. I saw the InCase sleeves, but they seem too bulky and made for the thicker iPad 1 anyway.

Any suggestions?

Maybe we could use an official iPad 2 Case thread sticky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB
Check out Incipio. Really terrific products and a huge range of options. The wife has a Feather on her iP4, and I also had one on my Atrix.

In fact, I just ordered (should be here today) an NGP Incipio. It provides a touch more coverage vs. the Feather.

Available in ~6 or so models, several colors, direct or I got mine via Amazon.

Reaction score
I have a Targus neoprene case that fits an AirMac. It has a zipper at the top so the unit is totally protected inside. It also has a zippered section on the front to store things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Radsleez looks exactly like what I had in mind. Thanks Schweb! I'm not too keen on the name, but as long as it provides basic scratch protection and some stealth when carrying it around, that's all I'm really looking for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.