Can I access my MacBook remotely from an iMac?

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there any way I can access my desktop and files and stuff that's on my MacBook from one of the iMac's in the computer lab at my school? Is that the same as remote access?

Thanks for the help and sorry for my ignorance.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I thought something like this existed but I wasn't sure. I think I'll actually just go ahead and get a MobileMe subscription so I can use back to my back. :)

Reaction score
Easiest way to fully remote control my Mac

Hi,

I just wanted to make sure that these prescriptions on how to use Back to My Mac for free to remotely control an OS X machine are still the way to go with OS X 10.7 Lion? It's been 3 years, hasn't Apple come up with something better and free? Windows has had Remote Desktop built in for over 10 years...

What I am trying to do is to run MATLAB separately on two computers, one remotely. Other programs I might want to use include Handbreak, Vuze and other CPU and bandwidth-intensive programs.

Thanks,

~K

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I believe you can completely control your Mac remotely with the LogMein Pro version. ($69.95 per year) See the differences in versions here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.