themes????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11inch, Ipod touch 8gigs 4th+Iphone 3GS, Ipod nano 1.1
HI all i have just learned 1% of my MBA and to be truthful i reckon there is a lot more and i am all for it....
its not that hard with help from all the moderators and mentors...i would especially appreciate the efforts of these people who helped me with my simple Q's.

now just help me: are there themes available .....as i seen some dock photos and they were amazing.

also is there any way that if i close my lid the computer wont sleep....i luked in system preferences but couldnot find anything.....

thanku

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11inch, Ipod touch 8gigs 4th+Iphone 3GS, Ipod nano 1.1
also i am grateful to ..
chas_m
vansmith
schweb
robduckyworth
oneironaut
pig003...

thanks .....

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
There aren't any real built-in themes in OS X - but there are tweakable elements. If you really want themes you'll need to visit places like Max Themes or ResExcellence | Appearance Themes. The only way I know to keep the computer from going to sleep is to go into Energy Settings and set the slider to 'never' - but make sure that's really how you want it to behave.

C

chas_m

If you close the lid, you are telling the Mac you are not using it anymore and it will go to sleep of course. There probably is a way to defeat this (Brian's method won't work) -- but for most models it is NOT recommended, as the MBA uses the open cover in part to disperse heat (heat rises and all that).

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
also, places like

deviantART: where ART meets application!
MacThemes

if you want me to explain how to apply icons, i am happy to. however I think you should get more used to your Mac, and recognizing the stock icons before changing any of them. :)

to stop the lid going to sleep, use insomniax:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/22211/insomniax

this can damage your new computer! use it sparingly, only when you really need to use it. make sure you turn it off after use, and dont leave it running too long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MBP 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB RAM
as robduckyworth and chas_m have pointed out, it is highly not recommended to close your computer's lid and avoid it from going to sleep.

if you are downloading something and you want to prevent the computer from going to sleep you can try Apple - Downloads - System/Disk Utilities - Caffeine and lower your screen's brightness all the way down to conserve battery life. but is highly not recommended to close the lid for the purpose of letting the heat escape via the keyboard. Caffeine would keep your computer running but once you close the lid it will put your MBA to sleep still.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.