Time Machine & Backup

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I currently am looking to have a 'home office' computer which would be a Mac Mini.

Then, I am looking to have my 'on the road' Macbook (the white one)....

I am therefore looking to do the following, and was wondering if anyone can reccomend any good methods products to do the job?;

- Linking two 1TB external Hard Drives to the Mac Mini - these would work in sync with Time Machine, ie an Active and a Backup, which would back up (say) every half hour. Each Hard Drive is USB.

- I wouldn't actually use the Mac Mini for storage other than programs, the Hard Drives would contain all the 'data'.

- I'd like to have a system where my files from my 'on the road' laptop can backup to my MacMini/Hard drives - is this possible via internet? Any hints how?

- In addition to the above question when back, would it be possible to get it to backup automatically when within the network?

- I'd like to have a remote login system too access my Mac Mini - any good advice to do this?

- Lastly, I will run Paralells on both machines - when doing the backups will it backup all my Windows data?

Cheers
Neil

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.