MBP Internal speakers and headphones aren't working

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my macbook pro. For some reason, my laptop won't recognize the internal speakers. After doing a little research, I've seen that maybe my macbook is stuck in headphone mode, but the laptop isn't recognizing those either. I'm pretty positive this isn't the problem. When I go to settings, it tells me that there are not output or input devices. Does anybody have any idea why this happened? or how I could fix this other than by bringing it to apple? I'm in college and having a laptop is very important to me. Being without it for a day could be very detrimental.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Normally the problem is that the output is stuck in digital mode. Can you see a red light shining in the output jack? If so, try using a sturdy toothpick to trip the output jack back to normal mode.

Also try resetting the PRAM - NVRAM. See this LINK.

We also need to move this thread to the correct forum.

OP
C
Reaction score
No there is no red light shining. I did try the toothpick thing, but that did not work either. I tried resetting the PRAM-NVRAM as well. but that did not work.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you tried everything suggested and it didn't help, it's time to take it on in to Apple and have them look at it. Do you still have a warranty on the machine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.