macbook ( late 2009 ) won't turn on

Reaction score
Hi everyone! hope someone can help me!
the other day I was watching a movie on my mac then it run out of battery and it turned off ( just like it does normally ) i closed the lid and left it on a side, when i came back, I plugged it in ( charger ect) ....i pressed the botton to switch it on but nothing! the charger showed a green light while plugged in, so i suppose it was charged but nothing worked, ...it was dead! monitor and all the rest. This is the late 2009 model so I can't remove the battery.
I was almost sure the problem was the battery but I took it from the assistance and they told me it's the motherboard... ( even though they where meant to call me the next day but did't call me for 3 days !!)
can anyone tell me if it can really be that!? :(
don't know what to do in that case!!
tnx

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Where did you take your MacBook to have it looked at? Also, since it's a 2009 model, did you buy Apple care for it? And, even the non removable batteries can be removed and replaced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.