Downloaded VLC and...

M

Merlinblack

The program is free before anyone jumps down my throat about that kind of stuff.

And first I thought it was a pretty good program BUT you can't goto full screen mode by double clicking on the movie, like WMP or Winamp (for PC).

I was wondering 2 things:
1) does anyone, who uses VLC, know if there is a way to get it to go full screen without using the keyboard shortcut?

2) is there a better media player for OS X that would support AVI files without downloading a whole bunch of codecs for Quicktime (no full screen).

The reason I ask this is because I sometimes hook my PB up to the tv and use a wireless mouse to control the machine. But if I can't enter/exit fullscreen with the mouse I have to get up to change the movie/show I'm watching.

Yes I know I'm being lazy.

Thanks Guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Merlinblack said:
The program is free before anyone jumps down my throat about that kind of stuff.

And first I thought it was a pretty good program BUT you can't goto full screen mode by double clicking on the movie, like WMP or Winamp (for PC).

I was wondering 2 things:
1) does anyone, who uses VLC, know if there is a way to get it to go full screen without using the keyboard shortcut?

2) is there a better media player for OS X that would support AVI files without downloading a whole bunch of codecs for Quicktime (no full screen).

The reason I ask this is because I sometimes hook my PB up to the tv and use a wireless mouse to control the machine. But if I can't enter/exit fullscreen with the mouse I have to get up to change the movie/show I'm watching.

Yes I know I'm being lazy.

Thanks Guys

If you don't want to use the keyboard shortcut, just click the "fullscreen" button on the player's interface.

You could also try MPlayer OSX, but I think VLC is the best option out there for .avi.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I've got the latest version of MPlayer, and for some reason it won't do fullscreen for me any more (older version did without any problems) - any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.