Cannot connect to Windows 2003 Server Share?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Am new here and only have about 6 months experience with macs so please go easy! :)

I have a problem at the moment that I cannot connect to a windows server 2003 share from my snow leopard imac, however, and this is the strange part, I can connect to the share for the first ten minutes (roughly) after the mac is rebooted???

So the share is obviously working but I can literally leave the machine on and doing nothing connecting to the data shares fine and then when the magical ten minutes is up it just sits on connecting and when I click "connect as" it says that the server is unavailable.

I have got 3 other macs on the network, seemingly exactly the same, and they have no issues whatsoever!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Are the shares mounted to IP's or NETBIOS names? Is DNS configured correctly on the Mac? Can you ping the server once you get the message?

Once mounted does the share disconnect?

Try mounting the share via Automator and use the CMD+C option in the Finder to browse the share. Not the Connect As. That I find to be buggy and slow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.