The things you have to do to get an ipad2 these days

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
You're being a little bit positive. What if person #61 was in line at 6am (instead of 8:40am)...decides to stick around until 11:05am...and still doesn't get one. That's 5 hours and 5 minutes in line...and no iPad.

I still think that it would be better if (in your example) the first 60 people who got tickets stayed in line until 9am. If all 60 people with tickets get their iPads...then everyone else in line (person #61 & beyond) can go home at 9:30am...instead of 11:05am.

Alternatively, if all ticket holders stay in line...and if at the last minute person #27 decides NOT to get an iPad...and person #61 wants the iPad model #27 was going to get...then person #61 gets an iPad at 9am.:)

- Nick
Yeah...you're probably right. I do tend to be an optimist.

Perhaps instead of a 2 hour window they have a 30 second window?

OP
a.j.c.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
I'm not sure how you managed that. Did you have to slip the employee a $50 or something?? They're lucky they didn't get fired for it.

X2

I didn't really respond to the post but I know the 2 apple stores near me would have never done that..and I don't think the 300 plus people waiting in line would have liked it either:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.