iMovie on ipad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5(Mine) and Wife's Imac intel,(new)
Fortunately or unfortunately, my wife accidentally discovered she can make movies on the I pad 2.
I just bought the 16 gig model is that enough memory?

I have a few apps and have rented a movie on it ocassional.

I have 90 days to return it for a bigger model.

Reaction score
if you have nothing else on it and only want to edit short movies.. sure you'll be fine. Can never have enough storage tho imo. Get the 32.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Fortunately or unfortunately, my wife accidentally discovered she can make movies on the I pad 2.
I just bought the 16 gig model is that enough memory?

I have a few apps and have rented a movie on it ocassional.

I have 90 days to return it for a bigger model.

Return it unless money is tight.
I have the 64gb iPad and have it about half full. My wife who is not a techie or a high intensity user has her 32gb also about half full. Based on that, if you wife gets into it I can easily see her filling the 16gb model. For a $100 more I would say trade up while you can.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5(Mine) and Wife's Imac intel,(new)
Thanks for the opinion

We travel as much as funds will let us, so the iPad has become our travel compter. We a few days down time, here and there, wife want to work out some movie stuff. I hate to spend the money, since have the i macs at home but to get it to do what we want an upngrade seems a necessity. Of course I have found some other uses for it as well.
I understand that you can watch movies on it stored on a camera flash drive by buying the adaptor which might help.

Reaction score
I'd assume Ipad is not exactly the thing you would want to make movies on. Sure, it may be good for the quick assembly of some clips and and adding a theme, but from what I've seen thats about it. I'm on a waiting list for 32 gig wifi only iPad 2. Keep in mind the OS uses a fews gigs, so your really left with 14 or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
16gb is just not enough for the ipad imo...

32gb minimum but if you can swing it go for a 64gb

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.