Internet Connection Problems, Wireless and Ethernet

Reaction score
MAC OSX TIGER
IMAC

I've just done an install of a new internal harddrive and format new OS after the previous one died, however not only is ethernet not working nor is the wireless!. I'm not sure why it's doing this, but according to the ethernet device it's not connected to the router. If i use Airport i can connect to the router, but it says it's not connected to the internet and i need to run some kind of network wizard which fails after entering the WEP key via safari!.

I installed the BT broadband software for Mac OsX and even that is having trouble, that also says that it's not connected via ethernet. The wireless isn't working either, WIRELESS - ROUTER CONNECTED , WIRELESS KEY - FAILED!. The key is accurate and working, i know this because i use exactly the same key on 2 other laptops and a pc!. It also says the key on a card and router :(

Please if you can help me out, this is the final step to having the mac osx up and working again but i've spent all day trying to fix it without luck. I'll try and remember if i've done the steps yet because the imac isn't with me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
N
Reaction score
Tried Wep and Wap/2 no such luck, it finds the router just fine but it will not accept the key. Lame :Angry:

I think i tried most of those on that link, thanks anyway bud :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to appropriate forum.

Reset the router and start over. You can generally do that with a straightened out paper clip. Check the documentation for the router. And go back and delete any previous airport setting and|or location in System Preferences, Network and start over anew.

OP
N
Reaction score
Moved to appropriate forum.

Reset the router and start over. You can generally do that with a straightened out paper clip. Check the documentation for the router. And go back and delete any previous airport setting and|or location in System Preferences, Network and start over anew.

WORKING :D

Entered the ethernet details from the pc into the ethernet dhcp then did as you said with a paperclip to hard reset the router. Imac is now working online with full internet access!

Did a full system update too

THANKYOU CHSCAG!

Reaction score
Ethernet Internet Connections to your Business from leading service providers

Simplify your network and also boost productivity while spending less with Ethernet Internet Connection provide your organization using a powerful, cost-efficient, high-quality connection that allows you to seamlessly exchange data throughout your network and also allows you to extend your local area Network or Wide Area Network to your locations inside of and between cities.
There are usually thousands of customers who use Ethernet Services.
In which amount keeps on growing as most of the people learn the flexibility, cost-effectiveness, and convenience. As a result, multiple suppliers have extended their particular Ethernet Internet Connection Services.
Ethernet service is great for cost-conscious companies that wish refined management regarding high-bandwidth programs.
If you are interested in choosing the best Ethernet solution for your enterprise,Please visit:
Ethernet Internet Connections to your Business from leading service providers
Today!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Nice commercial Molly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.