iPad rumor re: Japan Earthquake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
I've been calling around looking for an iPad at all the local retailers. When I called one of the Target stores the guy said, "We don't have any, and we won't for a while. This is for everyone else too. The earthquake in Japan has halted the production of components of the iPad so they'll be scarce for a while."

Have y'all heard anything about this? An Apple store employee told me that if we come and get in line tomorrow before they open we should be able to get one, so my wife is going to do that...but if that fails I'm trying to decide if I should just order one from Apple or if I should wait and keep trying to get one locally.

If production will continue as expected then I would imagine I could find one locally before I receive one from Apple...but if production has been halted I may go ahead and order one while I still can.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Moved to more appropriate forum.

Have y'all heard anything about this? An Apple store employee told me that if we come and get in line tomorrow before they open we should be able to get one, so my wife is going to do that...but if that fails I'm trying to decide if I should just order one from Apple or if I should wait and keep trying to get one locally.

Give this thread a read (link below)...it address's exactly what you're discussing::)

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ap...res-plan-open-early-tuesday-ipad-2-sales.html

- Nick

Reaction score
I had to get to my local store @ 5 am. I was luck to even get one. Waiting till 8 am will never fly... GOOD LUCK !!!

I sold one on ebay for 400 more than I paid for it HE HE !!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.