• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

100 Million iPhone 5s could be sold

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Whatever you want to call it, I have my doubts about that prediction for the next iPhone coming this Summer. I don't think it will be as successful as the iPhone 4. But I do see the 2012 Summer iPhone possibly hitting 100 million in sales.
That's just my opinion based on the thought that this next iPhone will only be a minor spec bump. Of course, we're talking about Apple so really anything could happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
I thought out of all the iPhones the 4 probably had the most negative reviews,sure it was a success it is an iPhone after all however the 5th generation IMO will be by far the best.

Mainly on the newest iOS

Reaction score
I know I'm in for the 5 when it gets here. I've been waiting **** near forever for the iPhone to get on the Verizon network....

I don't think you're going to see a lot of cosmetic changes, but you'll see updated hardware/software - maybe a few more features. I'm really curious if it'll be 4G. I think if it isn't, Apple is really missing the boat. They'd be almost 2 years behind everyone else if they don't put out an iPhone with 4G on it this year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I know I'm in for the 5 when it gets here. I've been waiting **** near forever for the iPhone to get on the Verizon network....

I don't think you're going to see a lot of cosmetic changes, but you'll see updated hardware/software - maybe a few more features. I'm really curious if it'll be 4G. I think if it isn't, Apple is really missing the boat. They'd be almost 2 years behind everyone else if they don't put out an iPhone with 4G on it this year.

Most of the rumors I have read put the phone to be released in 2011 as NOT being 4G capable. Apple got clobbered from AT&Ts lack of preparedness for 3G and 4G is no where near ready for prime time yet from either carrier. By 2012 though, it will be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I can really see Apple releasing a 4gs this year. And not a iphone 5. Simply for the fact the carriers worldwide have dropped the ball on the 4G wireless networks.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
The only thing keeping me from upgrading to the next iPhone would be paying full price, since I got my VZW iPhone a few months ago. So I'm doubtful of the 100 million figure, cause I know I'm not the only one who's not up for a new iPhone yet and not everyone's pockets are lined with cash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm really hoping for an LTE version for verizon, but I'm guessing that won't happen this year.

Regardless of what they put out, I think I will be officially done with AT&T and take a new one on VZW contract.

My only fear now is that Apple will stagger the VZW release some time after AT&T. But since they let out both versions at the same time for iPad, I'm more optimistic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.