Icon previews no longer appearing in "get info" panel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
To preface this post, I've already used Onyx to repair permissions, clear all chaches etc etc.. Reboot and everything. Still having this issue. I did something yesterday, likely stupid but hopefully not unrecoverable. I was attempting to change my Photoshop icon, and downloaded an PS icon (might have been png) from the interwebzes...

I think that by accident, in a moment of what could be described as "less than stellar clarity", I might have copied the "image" from the image its self, and not from the image icon in the "get info" pane that you normally would... AND... I think I pasted said image directly on to the physical application icon, rather than the same "get info" panel icon.

Since then, it doesn't matter what kind of image I'm viewing, I can't get the "get info" image icon to appear. I've gone into each and every Finder location, have made sure to check "show icon preview" within view options, but this only assures that the thumbnails of said files have previews.

Interestingly enough, I've found ONE folder of jpgs which do correctly display said icon. Look at my screens to see the difference in what I'm talking about. This also goes for any icons that I download from the web. And it's a problem because I can no longer change my icon images.

Doug

Screen shot 2011-03-28 at 2.43.53 PM.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.