• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's WWDC Scheduled for June 6th, 2011

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm really hoping for a major facelift to iOS with, at least, a new notification system.

I'm also hoping for a bigger screen iPhone and LTE, but I'm guessing the chance of LTE this time around are slim to none.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I reckon around this time will be the OSX Lion release!

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I reckon around this time will be the OSX Lion release!

- Simon

The email I got about it says, "Join us for a preview of the future of iOS and Mac OS X." To me that sounds like Lion won't be released but just further previewed??? Or it could be Apple's typical style of withholding information.

Reaction score
I'm really hoping for a major facelift to iOS with, at least, a new notification system.

I'm also hoping for a bigger screen iPhone and LTE, but I'm guessing the chance of LTE this time around are slim to none.

I am really look forward to a major adjustment to iOS, so hopefully it meets my expectations.

The one thing I don't agree with is the bigger screen iPhone, just personal preference though.

I think we will see the release of lion shortly after, but who knows!

OP
MYmacROX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
More cloud integration on the iPad would be welcome, whether is be with cloud on the internet or a cloud based system at home. I'm looking to stick with future 16GB versions of the iPad, so in the end, I'm not going to have that much room for storage.

Reaction score
I sure hope the iPhone 5 is released, but it doesn't look like it will be anymore. Lion being released in the summer would be nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm glad that it seems like there will be no iPhone 5 announcement at WWDC. WWDC is a software focused event, they shouldn't be doing hardware announcements at the same time.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'm glad that it seems like there will be no iPhone 5 announcement at WWDC. WWDC is a software focused event, they shouldn't be doing hardware announcements at the same time.

This isn't going to be popular among many, but I'm only glad being that I just got my iPhone 4. :p

Anyways, the hardware would likely overshadow the software in the news, so it would be a good move by Apple, if that's what they are doing.

Reaction score
i think iphone 5, new imacs (w/ tb), maybe new mac pros (w/ tb), ios 5, osx lion will be shown off @ WWDC this year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
New iMacs will probably be out in the next month according to apparently well-sourced rumors.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.