iPhone 4 hotspot help

Reaction score
I have it enabled and it works..... But...

For devices to see it, it doesn't broadcast unless I turn off the hotspot then turn it back on again. I am using an iPad 2 and an iPad 1, MacBook pro and a Dell laptop (company computer). They all work but again I must turn the hotspot off then back on.

Any fix or suggestions?

Thanks.

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I'm running my iPhone 4 (4.3.1) hotspot to give my iPad 2 3G 64gb (4.3.1) Internet and from time to time I have to toggle off/on the hotspot. Would love to find a fix...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Probably not what either of you want to hear but from the looks of it I think it's quite a large problem that many people are having, probably something that will get addressed in the next iOS update.

- Simon

Reaction score
Has anyone found a fix? This is the only real thread on this that I have found... It seems to be worse when iPhone is under 30% battery life.

Reaction score
just found, going to try it now and will report back in a few hours...

If you encounter an issue using Personal Hotspot with other Wi-Fi devices, try the following:

Turn Personal Hotspot off.
Verify Wi-Fi is on in Settings > Wi-Fi.
Turn Personal Hotspot back on.
If another device is unable to join your Wi-Fi network, ensure that the user enters the Wi-Fi password correctly. If the device cannot see your Wi-Fi network, verify your device name.
Note: Windows may not properly display a device name that uses non-ASCII characters.
Verify how many devices are currently using your Personal Hotspot. The maximum number of devices is five for all connection types.
Depending on your wireless carrier, the maximum number of Wi-Fi connections may be limited to three Wi-Fi devices at one time.
If the other device still cannot connect, try turning Wi-Fi off and on again on the device. Verify that your device can see other Wi-Fi networks.
Note: If you leave the Personal Hotspot screen or put iPhone to sleep, iPhone only broadcasts the Wi-Fi network for an additional 90 seconds. If no devices join the Wi-Fi network during that time, iPhone 4 stops broadcasting your Wi-Fi network. You can start broadcasting your Wi-Fi network again by tapping Settings > Personal Hotspot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.