Noobish Questions.

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Jared. Was a live long Window's user, and just recently got a Mac, seem to love it so far, and I'm catching on quite well with some of the stuff. Just a few curious questions though. Would getting a Mac Tune Up program be a good thing, or a bad thing? If it is a good thing, what are some of the best things out there to make a Mac even better then it already is? I don't have problems watching video's and stuff. I crunched info in and got it all to work to my needs. :) Just was wondering about the other stuff. I know with my PC, I had this Tune Up Utility thing that made the PC better.. cause they suck to begin with. Any info would be accepted. I appreciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
You don't need any tune up programs. The already included internal tools work just fine

OP
RorSchach
Reaction score
Thanks.

You don't need any tune up programs. The already included internal tools work just fine

In that case, any suggestions that you have to make the efficient Mac.. more efficient?

C

chas_m

You're overthinking this. Common problem with PC switchers.

Because Apple makes both the hardware AND the operating system, the kind of nearly-constant maintenance you're thinking of simply doesn't need to be done. You can stand down, soldier. :)

There are some "best practices" (like don't keep a lot of stuff on your desktop, keep at least 12-20GB free at all times), and there are some light maintenance things (run Maintenance oh let's say every other month or so) but apart from that you don't really have to do much of anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.